
युवावस्था बहुत ही नाज़ुक समय होता है। यही समय निर्धारित कर देता है कि जीवन किस दिशा जाएगा।

Remember that all that you remember is not worthy of remembering. You will be at peace.
Know that all that you know is really not worthy of being known. You will remain lighter.
Remember that all that you have is not necessary to be had. You will remain humble.
Remember…

Questioner (Q): I have heard you say that no two human beings are equal. But if that is the case, then how can the possibility of liberation exist on a larger scale? We have adapted and evolved in various fields throughout history, but can the same happen when it comes…

प्रश्नकर्ता (प्र): इस घाट पर, आचार्य जी, ये तीन मूर्तियाँ हैं और इनको देखकर एक जिज्ञासा उठ रही है: जो देवी की मूर्ति है यह इतनी बड़ी है और जब हम ऋषि की मूर्ति देखते हैं तो वह उनके सामने बड़ी छोटी मालूम होती है। देवी, ऋषि से बड़ी हैं…

Since childhood we have been told about effort as a duty, hard work as an obligation, and a result oriented investment. We are told, “Work hard so that you can have dividends later on.”
Happiness is the key to success, correct. But does happiness exclude hard work?
If happiness excludes…

Question: Acharya Ji, I am finding for the last few months that when we are honest and move in the right direction, things get aligned to help us move in that direction.
For instance, coming across your videos and watching them was pure luck. It doesn’t look like that I…

Question: Acharya Ji, I am a regular participant of the camps, I have attended Month of Awakening(MAG)Program. I regularly watch Satsangs broadcasted live. I read Scriptures.
How do I bring the same intensity of the camp, in my daily life?
Acharya Prashant Ji: Just be grateful for the period when…

Questioner (Q): Acharya Ji, Pranam.
In one of your videos, you said that you should be thankful if things are happening in your life in a fast-forward mode. Please shed some light on it.
Acharya Prashant (AP): First of all, this attitude is putting a condition upon grace and gratitude.…

श्रोता: सर, जैसा कि आपने कहा कि हमारी अनिवार्य ज़रूरतें तो प्राकृतिक रूप से पूरी हो ही जाती हैं, तो मैं ये जानना चाहती हूँ कि जब हम किसी भी महानगर में प्रवेश करते हैं, तो हमें बहुत से लोग दिखाई देते हैं, जो सड़कों पर भीख मांग रहे होते…

श्रोता: सर, अप्प दीपो भव के कई अभ्यंश समाज में काफ़ी प्रचलित हैं जैसे दूसरों की मत सुनो दिल की सुनो, पॉवर ऑफ़ कॉनसीय्स काफ़ी प्रचलित हैं यह, इनसे कैसे बचें?
वक्ता: ये जो बातें प्रचलित हैं कि लोगों की मत सुनो अपनी सुनो इत्यादि इन्हीं से मुक्त…

Questioner (Q): It has been a long time that I have been listening to you and I have been engaged with a lot of words and everything. And so many words and so many misunderstandings have come and gone but still, the restlessness remains; but still, the will to consume…

श्रोता: सर, मन की आदत है कि वो या तो आकर्षण पर चला है या विकर्षण पर। जब उसे ये समझ में आता है रिश्तों में या किसी और जगह पर कि नकली है तो वो कुछ असली तलाशता है।पर असली की तलाश में भी कुछ चाहता है पाना। तो…

प्रश्न: राजा जनक की पात्रता थी, इसके लिए ज्ञान ग्रहण कर पा रहे थे। पात्रता हो या ना हो, हो या हो जाये, इसके लिए क्या होना चाहिए?
आचार्य प्रशांत: जो सवाल है, उसी में उत्तर है। आपने शब्द बड़ा चुन कर प्रयोग किया है न –- ‘पात्रता’। हिंदुस्तान में…

Question: Sir, I have to do daily practice to bring myself back to the centre but for some people, it seems that it happens immediately. Why is it so?
Acharya Prashant: Lady, what is your name?
L1: Noorie.
AP: If you want something with all your heart, would you want…

वक्ता: आपको शायद ऐसा लग रहा है कि बातचीत करके आप एक-दुसरे को समझ रहे हो पर असल में बातचीत करके आपने आयोजन करा है एक-दुसरे से दूर रहने का। करके देखिएगा—किसी के साथ भी सामने बैठ जाईए और चुप हो जाईए, तो कैसी हालत ख़राब होती है। बोलना शुरू…

On that day when you looked at me,
you enslaved me,
In Grace entered me,
and out of Love
melted my mind.
~ Lalleshwari ~
Acharya Prashant: “On that day when you looked at me, you enslaved me, In Grace entered me, and out of Love melted my mind.”…

Speaker: What happens when I am looking for Bliss?
Listener 1: I don’t have to look anywhere, because you can look for somebody…
Speaker: But, I have been told that human lives must attain to Bliss, because that is our nature. I have been told that *Sat Chit Anand*swabhav…

साबुन बिचारा क्या करे, गांठे राखे मोय । जल सों अरसा परस नहि, क्यों कर ऊजल होय । । ~ संत कबीर
वक्ता: अच्छा-सा एक प्रतीक प्रयोग किया है कबीर ने। साबुन क्या कर सकता है, अगर तुम उसको कहीं गाँठ बाँध कर रख दो? साबुन – साफ़ करने वाली…

प्रश्न: व्हाट इज़ ग्रेस? (अनुकम्पा का क्या अर्थ है?)
वक्ता: आप ही बताइये, व्हाट इज ग्रेस? व्हाट इज़ ग्रेस? *(*सामने बैठे कुछ श्रोताओं की ओर इंगित करते हुए) ये लोग बतायेंगे, स्टूडेंट्स, अभी एग्जाम (परीक्षा) की बात चल रही है। एग्जाम में ‘ग्रेस’ शब्द आता है कहीं पर?
श्रोता…

*“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life…

prakṛtyā śūnyacitto yaḥ pramādād bhāvabhāvanaḥnidrito bodhita iva kṣīṇasaṁsmaraṇo hi saḥ.
(Ashtavakra Gita 14.1)
Translation: He indeed has his recollections of worldly life extinguished – who becomes void-minded spontaneously, who thinks of sense objects only by chance, and who is, as it were, awake though physically asleep.
Question: Why is it…

Question: These days I feel like running away from Advait. I feel that I am not going to gain anything here. But, at the same time I find myself pulled here yet again. I know what you are saying is true and that you mean well for me, but I…

Question: Dear Sir, hope the Clarity Sessions are going great. I plan to join the sessions one of these days if I can.
I am reading a book named ‘the philosophy of the Buddha’ to understand the Buddhist thought. I found this book quite enriching in its academic rigor. However…

वक्ता: छात्रों से अब यह बात कह रहा हूँ| तुम्हें शिक्षक से ऐसे नहीं मिल पायेगा कि तुम वहाँ यह सोच कर जाओ कि देखो मैं तो छात्र हूँ, कॉलेज की फीस देता हूँ, कॉलेज ने कोर्स चलाया है, तो मैं ज्ञान खरीदने जा रहा हूँ| ऐसे नहीं मिल पायेगा|…

वक्ता: तेरी है ज़मीं, तेरा आसमां|
‘ज़मीं से आसमां’ मतलब, जो कुछ भी है| ज़मीन एक सिरा है, आसमान दूसरा सिरा है; उसके बीच में जो कुछ भी है| मतलब? क्या-क्या है जो ज़मीन और आसमान के बीच में है?
श्रोता १: सब कुछ|
वक्ता: सब कुछ, तो पूरा अस्तित्व|…

वक्ता: लीला और कृपा में संबंध क्या है? और जपुजी साहिब में ‘हुक्म’ शब्द का बहुत बार प्रयोग हुआ है| ये शब्द क्या है?
श्रोता १: ‘हुक्म’ शब्द से मुझे ये समझ आया है कि ‘उसकी’ इच्छा; पर अगर मुझे इसे और आगे लेकर जाना है तो कैसे लेकर जाऊं?…

Speaker: Should we delay our gratification? If yes, then to what extent and how long?
By delay, you mean time, to put it ahead in time. Man uses time itself for gratification. When you say delay gratification, you only mean, that I am expecting more gratification by the use of…


Love is not a mental or physical need. Love is not for the faint-hearted. Love is not for those who fear the loss of relationships, reputation, possessions or life. Love is not for those who are afraid of family, society, or uncertainty. Love is not for those who seek sanction from tradition or culture.

A guide to handling difficult periods, adapting to unexpected changes, learning from experiences, seeking support, and continuing forward with confidence and patience.

Sunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian Column



इन सब से मुक्ति का एक ही तरीका है, वो बचो ही नहीं जो मूर्ख जाकर के दुनिया से, जगत से, प्रकृति से कामना पूर्ति की आशा रखता था, वो बचो ही नहीं। उसके अलावा और तुम कितने भी हथकंडे लगा लो, अतीत तो लौट-लौट के बार-बार आएगा और सर पर चढ़ेगा ही चढ़ेगा।

Questioner(Q): What is the process of clarity? Is it just listening with immersion and no resistance? What is Truth? How we decide it?
Acharya Prashant (AP): Listening without effort, plus if there is Truth in what you hear, there is change and transformation, and that Truth becomes the master. We…


Love would have helped you fly. And now you have captivated love within four walls. As wise men and women, if you are married, wonderful. As wise men and women, if you are not married, wonderful. The point is not really marriage. The point is wisdom. https://dev-main8.vedant.life/en/articles/marriage-and-love-1_0ff5cad

अध्यात्म की रोशनी जीवन के हर क्षेत्र पर पड़ती है, तो राजनीति पर भी पड़ेगी ही पड़ेगी। ऐसा कुछ नहीं है कि आध्यात्मिक आदमी राजनीति के प्रति अंधा हो जाता है। बल्कि हक़ीक़त तो यह है कि राजनीति को आध्यात्मिक लोगों की बहुत सख़्त ज़रूरत है, क्योंकि राजनेता ताक़त की ऐसी गद्दियों पर बैठते हैं, जहाँ से वो आपके जीवन को बहुत तरीके से प्रभावित करते हैं। राजनेता अगर आध्यात्मिक नहीं है, तो देश रसातल में जाएगा। राजनीति त्यागनी नहीं है, सही राजनीति करनी है।https://acharyaprashant.org/en/articles/raajneeti-mein-adhyatm-kyon-zaroori-1_795988a15

How did the Buddha look then? Who is the Buddha? Let’s try to understand with the story of Gautama Buddha, The ‘Shakya Muni Buddha’ as we call him. So, who was he? Let’s look at his central characteristics. One, someone who is well versed in the knowledge of his time. Buddha had deep scriptural knowledge. He was born in a Hindu Kshatriya family, he was a prince and ever since his childhood he was quite talented. So, one thing about him is that he was quite well-read. Second thing is, he was deeply interested in knowing the depths of life. He did not want to remain merely at the superficial levels, so he would observe a lot, he would think a lot. https://acharyaprashant.org/en/articles/todays-buddha-1_4d1b6bf

Questioner: A lot of students that I talk to — it’s the fear of the society, it’s the fear of the unknown, it’s fear of the expectations that they are carrying, that pushes them to become an engineer and then they figure out that probably this is not something that they wanted to be. And that is the reality of a lot of individuals and not just engineers. Probably, here is something that is stopping me from taking a plunge of starting something of myself, right? Fear is something that is stopping somebody who is in a relationship for ten years to take that step to get married. Where does this fear come from? Acharya Prashant: Lack of love, which comes from lack of self-knowledge. You see, when I tie my sense of existence, my very identity, to something that is unreliable, I will have to be afraid. It’s like putting my heart on this table. Now, how can I live in security? The heart is out there on the table, anybody can take it away, anything can happen to it. Or the heart might grow legs and walk away on its own. My very existence has been subjected to something that is not in my control. Something that is definitely going to deceive me at some point, that is fear. My sense of self-worth comes from my monies, my bank account, I will be afraid. That bank account can be closed anytime, anything can happen. My sense of self-worth comes from my physical appearance. I very well know, time will take it away, I will be afraid. Right? Who am I? I am the one who is praised or worshipped by the society. Oh! I will be so afraid, so afraid! You talked of people working for their images, they would be living a cursed life. Because, their heart is out there in the hands of strangers. Their entire identity is tied to their image and the image is in the eyes of other people. So, the image can be distorted or can disappear any moment. Just imagine, how afraid they would be all the time. That’s with the ego. Because, the ego, as I said, is a fundamental sense of incompleteness. Therefore, to complete itself, it just associates itself to anything possible. And the things that you are associating yourself with, they are not reliable. They belong to the world and the world can take them away. They belong to time. They came with time and with time all those things will disappear. And you have tied your identity to those things. Now how can you rest in peace? That’s fear. If you do not have self-knowledge, you will always be afraid. My identity is linked to my husband’s identity. Now the husband has two legs. And the husband has a brain, a mind of his own. If your identity comes from your husband’s name, as happens in India at least, you would always be afraid as a wife. The husband can change his mind any day. You would always be, you know, having one eye on his secretary, and the other eye in his email and mobile phone. What’s he getting into? Who’s texting him? Why is he on the phone so late in the night? Because you are afraid if husband goes away, what happens to you? Your very existence depends on the husband. That’s fear. When you operate from the ego centre and make something very, very important for yourself and that something belongs to the world, it can go away anytime, and you are afraid. And in that fear, there can never be love, never be love. If you are afraid of losing something, you will be very violent towards it. Nobody lets his money go and have a walk down the road. What do you do? You lock up your money. That’s violence. When something starts becoming very meaningful to you, you lock it up. You don’t want it to have freedom. And that’s violence. So, love and fear just cannot go together. If you are dependent on something or somebody, you will be afraid. And that dependence cannot be called love. And that is a confusion, we often get into it. Just because you depend on somebody and somebody depends on you, you start feeling as if it is love, it is not. Questioner: Just like the way political parties think that people love them but it actually is fear. Acharya Prashant: Exactly! Love is a rare quality and rarer in politics. Questioner: So, if I am interested in a particular profession, do I not pursue it wholeheartedly? Do I pursue it wholeheartedly knowing very well that the results can either be zero or one? Acharya Prashant: One has to go into the very nature of interest. Aren’t we interested in cricket? Aren’t we interested in seeing songs in movies? Practically, everybody in India is interested in cricket, nobody in Brazil is. And nobody in India is interested in ice hockey. So, that’s how flimsy the whole thing about interest is. In India, if you don’t get a movie with songs, you say, “I am disinterested.” The movie would bomb. In Hollywood, if you have a movie with songs, that would raise eyebrows, what’s going on? Occasionally, you have an OD song but typically there is no song. So, that is the nature of interest. It is never something of the heart. Love and interest are not the same thing. Interest is something that is given to you by your body, by your environment, by random chance, your circumstances and all these. So that’s how your interests come to you. So, if you are interested in a vocation, first of all, you have to ask yourself, “Just two years back, I was interested in something else and two years before I was interested in that and when I was four years old, I was interested in becoming a fighter pilot. What happened to all those interests?” Today, I smile at those things and just shrug them off, “I don’t want to be a fighter pilot.” What you want to be today? Oh! I want to be an investment banker. What happened to the fighter pilot? You were so interested in that. And how do you know, tomorrow you will not be looking at this I-banker, just the way today you are looking at the fighter pilot. The self of a five-year old appears so naïve and immature when you are twenty-five. How do you know that at thirty-five, you will not look back at this twenty-five year old self and say, “What the hell! How was I taking this fellow so seriously?” So, interest is something that you must look at with healthy contempt. Interest, mind you, can even be induced in you. Interest can be aroused in you. That’s what the entire advertising industry is about. They can make you feel Interested in things that is intrinsically worthless to you. So, of what value is this thing called interest? But, then in today’s world, we place so much premium on this word 'interest.' Do what interests you, this, that. Whereas, it is wisdom to realize that interest is the last thing that you should ever go after. Then people come up and say, “No, should we do things that we are not interested in? No.

Unless you have reached the heart, the sexual activity has gone waste. Sex that is just a few inches deep serves no purpose. Sex has to be infinitely deep. You have to touch not only the other’s body but really the heart. That is what you are looking for.

Questioner: In light of our topic, one thing that really comes to mind is the concept of cancel-culture.
I am just summarising what it really means. Individuals on the platforms of social media or digital platforms, in general, have a kind of justice system, where someone can be kicked out…

I had to unlearn a lot of things, and I am grateful to all the sources—the books, the people and the experiences that helped me unlearn. And I am grateful to that within me that had the courage to unlearn. A lot of unlearning is needed. I often say you need to learn love. By that what I mean is that you need to unlearn false love. And it’s one mighty task to unlearn false love, transactional love, the transactional love that both biology and society teach you.

कृष्ण का खुद ऊँचा होना, कृष्ण के पूरे जीवनवृत्त में, उनकी ज़िंदगी की जो पूरी कहानी है उसमें और श्री कृष्ण की प्रेमकथा में एक सूत्र है जो साझा पिरोया हुआ है। गीता की ऊँचाई, कृष्ण के जीवन की ऊँचाई, और कृष्ण के प्रेम की ऊँचाई तीनों एक हैं। ऐसा नहीं हो सकता कि कृष्ण बहुत ऊँचे हों और उनका प्रेम निचले तल का हो जाए। ये संभव नहीं है।

“माँसाहार गरीबों के लिए वरदान है क्योंकि माँसाहार के माध्यम से गरीबों को सस्ता प्रोटीन मिल जाता है।“ १ ग्राम प्रोटीन अगर आप मटन से लेते हैं तो लगते हैं ३ रुपये। उतना ही प्रोटीन, १ ग्राम, अगर आप अंडे से लेते हैं तो लगते हैं १ रुपय ३० पैसे, उतना ही प्रोटीन, १ ग्राम, अगर आप चिकन से लेते हैं तो लगता हैं १ रुपया।

I had to unlearn a lot of things, and I am grateful to all the sources—the books, the people and the experiences that helped me unlearn. And I am grateful to that within me that had the courage to unlearn.
A lot of unlearning is needed. I often say you…

I had to unlearn a lot of things, and I am grateful to all the sources—the books, the people and the experiences that helped me unlearn. And I am grateful to that within me that had the courage to unlearn.
A lot of unlearning is needed. I often say you…

Prarabdha refers to the sum total of (apparent)movements in time and space that have resulted in the (apparent) formation of the jiva – the human being, or any other being.Everything that the being appears to be is prarabdha. And prarabdha is all past.
So,– having 5 fingers is prarabdha…

प्रश्नकर्ता : आचार्य जी, अध्यात्म उपनिषद् कहता है कि तुम अहंकार को गला दो, देख लो कि तुम ये भी नहीं हो, वो भी नहीं हो। तो जो देखने वाला है, वो भी तो अहंकार ही है? कृपया प्रकाश डालें। आचार्य प्रशांत : सवाल ये है कि, “उपनिषद् कहता है…

Text in the middle to test if 2nd image is considered in truncated. or not
\n\n29 अप्रैल से 1 मई, 2022 तक आयोजित हुए वेदांत महोत्सव के एक प्रतिभागी की प्रेरणास्पद कहानी\n\nमेरा नाम राकेश कुमार है। मैं कानपुर नगर से हूँ। पिछले चार माह से मैं हर…