

Short description for the E2E smoke test article.

Real relaxation is about relaxing even in the middle of activity. You are relaxed even as you exert yourself. You are relaxed even as you are running. You are relaxed even as you are drained out. You are not waiting for a special activity like going to bed or sitting…

It is a very common and a very harmful misconception to take dhyāna as something. Dhyāna is nothing. Dhyāna is not an object. Dhyāna is not a thing. Dhyāna is not a routine, not a practice, not an exercise. Dhyāna, rather, is on all these things. Dhyāna is what…

बहुत सारा मेडिटेशन वगैरह वही है जो आपको झटका नहीं खाने देगा। ज़िन्दगी बर्बाद चल रही है, सबकुछ आपका ग़लत है, लेकिन सुधरने की कोई ज़रूरत नहीं। आधे-एक घण्टे बैठ करके गाइडेड मेडिटेशन कर लो, वहाँ तुमको गुरुजी कान में बता देंगे कि तुम एक सरोवर के किनारे बैठे हो,…

ये मेडिटेशन चीज़ क्या है? मैं बताता हूँ यह चीज़ क्या है, यह फ़र्ज़ी चीज़ है, यह फ़रेब है, यह आत्म-प्रवंचना है, ख़ुद को धोखा है। यह जीवन के आमूलचूल बदलाव का तरीका नहीं है, यह कुछ समय का आध्यात्मिक मनोरंजन है। यह आपको आपकी गंदी दिनचर्या के तनाव से…

सिकंदर दुनिया में सिर्फ़ एक ही है असली; कौन? जो घड़ी को हरा दे। वरना बहुत बड़े-बड़े बादशाह हो गए, सब से जीत लेते हैं, किससे हार जाते हैं? घड़ी से; घड़ी से जीत कर दिखाओ तो बात है! समझ में आ रही बात?
वो टिक-टिक लगातार याद रहे। कलाई…

Real meditation is the courage to let life change. If you keep meditating without allowing life to change, this meditation is merely self-deception.
And when I say life must change, I am not talking of something imaginary; I am talking of things very, very tangible. I am talking of your…

Questioner (Q): What is liberation?

Questioner (Q): I have a question on these four commonly quoted methods: śama (restraint), dama (taming, subduing), daṇḍ (chastising, punishment), and bheda (division, difference). None of these methods seem to work. What to do? How to understand these methods correctly?
Acharya Prashant (AP): There are an infinite variety of methods,…

चित्तमूलो विकल्पोऽयं चित्ताभावे न कश्चन । अतश्चित्तं समाधेहि प्रत्यग्रूपे परात्मनि ॥
cittamūlo vikalpo’yaṃ cittābhāve na kaścana ataścittaṃ samādhehi pratyagrūpe parātmani
This apparent universe has its root in the mind and never persists after the mind is annihilated. Therefore, dissolve the mind by concentrating it on the Supreme Self, which is

एवं देहद्वयादन्य आत्मा पुरुष ईश्वरः। सर्वात्मा सर्वरूपश्चसर्वातीतोऽहमव्ययः।।
इस प्रकार आत्मा पुरुष या ईश्वर स्थूल एवं सूक्ष्म दोनों प्रकार के शरीरों से भिन्न है। अतः मैं सर्वात्मा, सर्वरूप, अविनाशी और सबसे परे हूँ।
~ अपरोक्षानुभूति (श्लोक ४०)

Questioner (Q): How does one know that she is meditating rightly? Secondly, I know that one should not be dependent on others and one's happiness should always come from within. Yet, my emotions erupt and I react due to the actions of the other person. So, how to stay detached…

Questioner (Q): Acharya Ji, I have a question on these four commonly quoted methods- Sāma, Dāma, Daṇḍ and Bheda. I applied Sāma but it's not working. The other three I know nothing about, and are not working. No method seems to work. What to do?
Acharya Prashant…

Questioner (Q): A couple of days ago, I asked you a question regarding thoughts at the time of meditation, and you completely destroyed me, and I’ve been trying to assimilate what you had said. So, the point you had mentioned is that Meditation cannot be only a one-hour practice a…

Questioner (Q): Every day, like a lot of my day I do practices like I get up every day at 3:30 and do the full morning of practices and even during the day later in the nature...
Acharya Prashant (AP): Have they helped?
Q: They have helped and yeah I…

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, कई बार ऐसा होता है कि उलझन आती है तो हम उसे ऑब्ज़र्व (ध्यान से देखना) करते हैं, उसपर सोचते हैं कि क्या उसका सल्यूशन (समाधान) हो सकता है। उस समय लगता है हाँ समझ गया मैं प्रॉब्लम क्या है। उस समय के लिए लगता है समझ…

Questioner (Q): Acharya Ji, while meditating I feel silence and joy for some time, but after that, I’m not able to continue it and start feeling uneasy and want to come out of the meditation soon. Why does this happen, and does it mean that I’m not reaching the meditative…

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, आप अपनी किताब में कहते हैं कि ध्यान की विधियों से कुछ नहीं होगा, लेकिन क्या कुछ देर बैठ कर अपने विचारों को देखना सही नहीं है? क्या इससे कुछ पलों का चैन नहीं मिलेगा?
आचार्य प्रशांत: सटीक उदाहरण नहीं दे रहा हूँ पर इशारा समझना। चुप-चाप…

Questioner (Q): Acharya Ji, one of the popular beliefs about meditation is that your mind will stop and you will not have any thoughts. A lot of the so-called Gurus say that your mind should be completely blank – no thoughts, and if any thought comes, that means, you are…

प्रश्नकर्ता: ध्यान केंद्रित करने का सबसे अच्छा तरीका क्या है?
आचार्य: ध्यान केंद्रित कैसे करें। अभी सुन रहे थे तुम?
प्र: जी सर।

Questioner (Q): I have a question on my practice.
So, when I notice thoughts arising or the sounds of the cars, when I notice them in my awareness, I will ask, “To whom is this arising?” And sometimes I’ll go, "Oh! They will just disappear and won't bother me." And,…

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, पहले मैं ध्यान करता था, लेकिन जब से नाईट शिफ्ट (रात की पाली) लगी है, समय नहीं मिल पाता। क्या करूँ?
आचार्य प्रशांत: तुम्हारा कैसा ध्यान था कि ध्यान के बावजूद तुम नाईट शिफ्ट में फँस गए बेटा? ये कौन सा ध्यान था जिसने तुम्हें इतना भी…

Questioner: “Acharya Ji, pranam. In shloka 407 of Vivekchudamani, it is advised to dissolve the mind by 'concentrating it in the Supreme Self which is one’s inmost essence.' So, is this inmost essence the same as the I am—the natural sense of being felt in the heart? If so, is…

Questioner (Q): Acharya Ji, why don’t you suggest meditation techniques?
Acharya Prashant (AP): When you were in the Ganga, were you querying about what water is? The fish asked the ocean, “So when am I going to be schooled about water?”

Acharya Prashant (AP): (Reads question) Mohit Sharma from the USA, “Pranam Acharya Ji, I am paying attention to what and how I do. I have observed four states of mind. Is it natural to observe this? Are these all the same or different? And by doing it, will I go…

Questioner (Q): Conventional theory around meditation is that it conditions the psychic apparatus so that we can move readily to see Atman. So, it’s not without value. You know, why are we here. Are we so deluded...
Acharya Prashant (AP): We are saying that falseness will be used to counter…

प्रश्नकर्ता: एक सवाल था। बेवकूफ़ी वाला है।
आचार्य प्रशांत: बड़ा वाला सवाल है! गम्भीरता देख रहे हो? पहले ही बता देंगे कि बेवकूफ़ी वाला सवाल है।
प्र: आचार्य जी, मैंने किताबें कुछ ज़्यादा पढ़ी नहीं हैं। कहीं से कुछ मिल जाता है तो, कभी कुछ चीजें ध्यान करते हुए अपने…

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, प्रणाम। ओशो ने हमें ध्यान की विधियाँ दी, आप वो भी छीन रहे हैं। अब हम क्या करें?
आचार्य: नहीं, मैं छीन नहीं रहा विधियाँ। मैं कह रहा हूँ कि विधियों को विधियों जितनी ही महत्ता दो, बस। विधि द्वार है। द्वार को द्वार जितनी ही अहमियत…

प्रश्नकर्ता: क्या बीस मिनट का ध्यान करना सही है?
आचार्य प्रशांत: खेल की तरह करो, तो कुछ भी गलत नहीं है। हाँ, तुम ये सोचोगे कि किसी विधि का पालन करके तुम्हें सत्य मिल जाएगा, तो ये बात बेवकूफी की है। सही-गलत नहीं है; बेवकूफी है।
प्र: कैसी विधि से

प्रश्नकर्ता: जागृत, स्वप्न, सुषुप्ति और तुरीय ये चार अवस्थाएँ क्या हैं?
आचार्य प्रशांत: इसका जो शास्त्रीय तरीक़ा है बताने का, शुरुआत वहाँ से करेंगे। दस तो मानी गई हैं इंद्रियाँ, पाँच कर्मेन्द्रियाँ और पाँच ज्ञानेन्द्रियाँ। और उसके अलावा होता है अन्तःकरण। अन्तःकरण क्या? अन्तःकरण चतुष्टय, जिसमें चार आते हैं। कौन…

Acharya Prashant: Being in the right environment itself is Satsang. Satsang does not necessarily mean a gathering. Satsang means realizing what affects the mind and acting accordingly. Give the mind the right food, give the mind the right companions. The right companions of all kinds: right books, right food in…

How many hours do you spend meditating each day?
This is a trick question!
Whether you are “meditating” one hour per day or six, you are not truly meditating. This is because meditation is not something you do to escape life.

निःसंगो निष्क्रियोऽसि
त्वं स्वप्रकाशो निरंजनः।
अयमेव हि ते बन्धः
समाधिमनुतिष्ठति॥१-१५॥

प्रश्नकर्ता: जब ध्यान राम के पास नहीं होता, तो उस समय नहीं पता चलता, बाद में होश आता है। कैसे हर पल पता रहे कि ध्यान कहाँ है?
आचार्य प्रशांत: एक छोटी सी कहानी सुनाऊँगा, अच्छा प्रश्न है। मैं कॉलेज में था तो ऐसा बहुत होता था कि जो लोग…

वो चार अलग-अलग महासागरों और आठ अलग-अलग समुद्रों में तैर चुकी हैं।
स्वर्गीय माननीय भूतपूर्व राष्ट्रपति श्री प्रणब मुखर्जी जी ने उन्हें वाटर एडवेंचर के लिए तेनज़िंग नोर्गे नेशनल एडवेंचर अवार्ड से सम्मानित किया है।
वो अंटार्कटिक जल में खुली तैराकी में रिकॉर्ड स्थापित करने वाली पहली एशियाई महिला और

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, ओशो कहते हैं, "धर्म का सार है- राम खुमारी।" 'राम खुमारी' क्या है? कृपया प्रकाश डालने की अनुकम्पा करें।
आचार्य प्रशांत: तुम जिसे आमतौर पर होश कहते हो, जब समझ उठती है तो ये होश डगमगाने लगता है। ये झूठा होश है। कुछ वैसा-सा ही मज़ा आने…

श्रुतिविप्रतिपन्ना ते यदा स्थास्यति निश्चला।
समाधावचला बुद्धिस्तदा योगमवाप्स्यसि।।
śhruti-vipratipannā te yadā sthāsyati niśhchalā

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, यह जो 'मैं' (अहम्) है, जो शरीर की समाप्ति के साथ ही ख़त्म हो जाता है, वह असल में है क्या?
आचार्य प्रशांत: वो एक वृत्ति है। वो एक भटकी हुई वृत्ति है जिसका अपना कोई वास्तविक अस्तित्व नहीं है। वो चिपकना भर जानता है। वो इससे …

Questioner (Q): Acharya Ji, once I had the experience of the ‘seer’, but it remained only for few minutes. How can I be the seer forever?
Acharya Prashant (AP): And you are the seer of that ‘seer’, now that you are talking about it.

Question: What role does the word ‘meditation’ has in us increasing our chances of Liberation?
Acharya Prashant Ji:
If ‘meditation’ is Freedom from bondage, if that’s what your meditation honestly is, then obviously meditation will help in Liberation. But if meditation is just another thing, then what does it have

Question: Acharya Ji, does meditation help?
Acharya Prashant Ji: What you call as ‘Meditation’ does not help. What you call as ‘God’ does not help. What you call as ‘Religion’ does not help.

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, ध्यान और योग से मिलने वाले सुखद अनुभवों से मुक्त कैसे हों?
आचार्य प्रशांत: मुक्त क्या होना है! अपने आप को याद दिलाना है कि – जब उसकी छाया ऐसी है, तो वो कैसा होगा।
बड़ी गर्मी पड़ रही हो। तपती गर्मी, लू, जेठ माह की। मान

Question: Acharya Ji, I cannot really wrap my head around this when I say, “Okay fine, at this point that I am greedy for experiences, and I want to go out and may be get a massage for myself.”
So once I have understood that I am greedy for new…

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, मेरा प्रश्न है कि ‘ध्यान’ की कौन-सी विधियाँ हैं जो सीखी जा सकती हैं? ऐसी कौन-सी पद्धति अपना सकते हैं?
आचार्य प्रशांत: अभी ये पद्धति है कि – सुनो।
पद्धतियाँ हज़ारों हैं, लाखों हैं। जो तुम्हारी अवस्था है, उसके हिसाब से पद्धति है। और ध्यान की तुम्हारे

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, जैसा कि आप कहते हैं कि ‘ध्यान’ ही प्रथम है, और हम अपना जीवन निरंतर ‘ध्यान’ में ही व्यतीत करें। बहुत कोशिश करते हैं पर ऐसा निरंतर हो नहीं पाता है। अगर इस मार्ग की ओर बढ़ने की चाह है, और ठीक से हो नहीं पा रहा…

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, ओशो को पढ़ते हुए उनकी एक विधि का पता चला- विटनेसिंग (साक्षित्व)। लेकिन साक्षित्व की प्रक्रिया, करते-करते विचार बन जाते हैं। आरम्भ में लगता है कि साक्षित्व हो रहा है, लेकिन अंत में वो विचार बन जाता है।
इसमें थोड़ा दिशा-निर्देश करने की कृपा करें।

Question: Acharya ji, how to bear prolonged Sadhana (spiritual discipline)?
I have inertia in moving along the spiritual path. One day I sat down to read Jiddu Krishnamurti for MAG (Month of Awakening) session, and I read him for hours. I really enjoyed and felt at peace, yet I never…

Questioner: Pranaam Acharya Ji. Why does spiritual sadhana take long to complete?
Acharya Prashant: The condition you have come to, is not sudden. It has taken millions of years of evolution for you to come to this state. It’s a very, very old habit. It is like dust that has…

प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, अष्टावक्र कहते हैं कि ध्यान की विधियाँ बंधन हैं। मेरी जिज्ञासा यह है कि इतनी सारी ध्यान की विधियाँ क्यों हैं?
आचार्य प्रशांत:
विधियाँ उनके लिए हैं, जिन्हें सत्य को तो पाना है, और अपनी ज़िद को भी बचाना है। ख़ुदा को भी पाना है, और अपनी
Q: Is meditation the only way to attain…
आचार्य प्रशांत: (प्रश्न पढ़ते हुए) शंकराचार्य के श्लोक को उद्धृत किया है, “आत्मा स्थूल…
प्र: जी।
आचार्य: ध्यान से? क्या उसके लिए कोई विधि लगाई ध्यान केंद्रित करने के लिए?
प्र: नहीं, यहाँ पर तो नहीं लगाई…
आप असंग, अक्रिय, स्वयं-प्रकाशवान तथा सर्वथा-दोषमुक्त हैं। आपका ध्यान द्वारा मस्तिस्क को शांत रखने का प्रयत्न ही बंधन है ॥15॥
~ अष्टावक्र गीता
प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी, अष्टावक्र इस श्लोक में ऐसा क्यों कह रहे हैं कि ध्यान की हर विधि…
When your mind, now perplexed by what you have heard, stands firm and steady, then you will have attained Yoga or Self-Realization.
~ Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 2, Verse 53)
Acharya Prashant: We…
But, God is not what you think God to be. And…