
Questioner(Q): What is the process of clarity? Is it just listening with immersion and no resistance? What is Truth? How we decide it?
Acharya Prashant (AP): Listening without effort, plus if there is Truth in what you hear, there is change and transformation, and that Truth becomes the master. We…

अपने पर्व पर मुझे जन्म दिया लगा मुझे मैं कृतकृत्य हुआ
पर जैसे-जैसे समझ बढ़ी वैसे-वैसे प्रश्न उठा जो जगत तुमसे ही छल करता उसमें मुझे भेजा क्यों भला
हे अचिन्त्य!
देखो…

Speaker: I am beyond the three fold bodies, I am beyond the consciousness, that is Brahm! Consciousness, ‘चेतना’ in the context of wisdom literature, especially Indian wisdom literature, refers to a relaxed state of understanding versus a turbulent state of thought. Consciousness can refer to both. Consciousness can refer to…


A guide to handling difficult periods, adapting to unexpected changes, learning from experiences, seeking support, and continuing forward with confidence and patience.

Questioner: Greetings, Acharya Ji. My question is that wherever I look on social media platforms, whether it is YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter, when I read the comment sections under the content posted there, I repeatedly see an allegation being made against the Foundation and against you, that you too are…

हर युवक या युवती के जीवन में एक पड़ाव आता ह है जब उसे ये निर्णय लेना होता है कि वे आम साधारण जिंदगी जीना चाहता है या अपनी कहानी खुद लिखना चाहता है। ऐसे में डर, लालच, संशय अक्सर हमारे मन को घेर लेते हैं और सही निर्णय ले…



Sunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian ColumnSunday Guardian Column



How did the Buddha look then? Who is the Buddha? Let’s try to understand with the story of Gautama Buddha, The ‘Shakya Muni Buddha’ as we call him. So, who was he? Let’s look at his central characteristics. One, someone who is well versed in the knowledge of his time. Buddha had deep scriptural knowledge. He was born in a Hindu Kshatriya family, he was a prince and ever since his childhood he was quite talented. So, one thing about him is that he was quite well-read. Second thing is, he was deeply interested in knowing the depths of life. He did not want to remain merely at the superficial levels, so he would observe a lot, he would think a lot. https://acharyaprashant.org/en/articles/todays-buddha-1_4d1b6bf


Unless you have reached the heart, the sexual activity has gone waste. Sex that is just a few inches deep serves no purpose. Sex has to be infinitely deep. You have to touch not only the other’s body but really the heart. That is what you are looking for.

I had to unlearn a lot of things, and I am grateful to all the sources—the books, the people and the experiences that helped me unlearn. And I am grateful to that within me that had the courage to unlearn. A lot of unlearning is needed. I often say you need to learn love. By that what I mean is that you need to unlearn false love. And it’s one mighty task to unlearn false love, transactional love, the transactional love that both biology and society teach you.

I had to unlearn a lot of things, and I am grateful to all the sources—the books, the people and the experiences that helped me unlearn. And I am grateful to that within me that had the courage to unlearn.
A lot of unlearning is needed. I often say you…

I had to unlearn a lot of things, and I am grateful to all the sources—the books, the people and the experiences that helped me unlearn. And I am grateful to that within me that had the courage to unlearn.
A lot of unlearning is needed. I often say you…

Something is very wrong somewhere. The first thing in liberation is: do not be dependent on somebody, at least for your bread, for your basic sustenance. What kind of empowerment is this that happily accepts dependence on somebody else’s money on a date, and also for an entire lifetime? It…

प्रश्नकर्ता: मेरा सवाल फिर से मृत्यु के ऊपर ही है। आम ज़िन्दगी में जीवन के बारे में बोला जाता है कि जीवन आनन्द है या जीवन यह है, पर इसमें मृत्यु की कोई बात नहीं आती। जैसे आध्यात्मिकता में भी आप देखें तो लोगों ने मृत्यु पर ज़्यादा चर्चा नहीं…

प्रश्नकर्ता : आचार्य जी, अध्यात्म उपनिषद् कहता है कि तुम अहंकार को गला दो, देख लो कि तुम ये भी नहीं हो, वो भी नहीं हो। तो जो देखने वाला है, वो भी तो अहंकार ही है? कृपया प्रकाश डालें। आचार्य प्रशांत : सवाल ये है कि, “उपनिषद् कहता है…

पारस में अरु संत में, बड़ो अन्तरो जान। वो लोहा कंचन करे, ये कर दे आप समान।। ~कबीर साहब
प्रश्नकर्ता: जैसा कि आप कहते हैं, कि जितना जल्दी हो सके अपने को पूरा अर्पण कर दो, या ख़त्म कर दो, पर यदि इसे समझेंगे और करेंगे, तो अपने अपूर्ण स्थिति…

श्रद्धावान् लभते ज्ञानं तत्पर: संयतेन्द्रिय: | ज्ञानं लब्ध्वा परां शान्तिमचिरेणाधिगच्छति || ४, ३९ || जितेन्द्रिय, साधनापरायण और श्रद्धावान मनुष्य ज्ञान को प्राप्त होता है तथा ज्ञान को प्राप्त होकर वह बिना विलम्ब के तत्काल ही भगवत्प्राप्तिरूप शान्ति को प्राप्त हो जाता है। —श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता, अध्याय ४, श्लोक ३९प्रश्नकर्ता: आचार्य जी,…



प्रसंग:
भारत या इंडिया? इंडिया से नाम बदलकर भारत रखना चाहिए क्या? क्या इंडिया नाम विदेशियों ने दिया है? क्या है इंडिया और भारत का इतिहास? क्या देश का नाम बदलना आवश्यक है? कॉलोनाइजेशन और डी-कॉलोनाइजेशन क्या हैं? क्यों कहा जाता है कि भारत का कॉलोनाइजेशन हुआ है? भारत को…

◾ एक ही जाति होती है - वह है "बल"। बल विकसित करो अपने भीतर।
◾ आत्मा का इस पूरे देह व्यापार से कोई लेना देना ही नहीं।
◾ मिथ्याचारी वह है जो आगे के लालच में अच्छा काम करता है।
◾ आत्मा का विकृत सिद्धांत ही भारत की दुर्दशा…


यदा नाहं तदा मोक्षो
यदाहं बन्धनं तदा।
मत्वेति हेलया किंचिन्-
मा गृहाण विमुंच मा॥८- ४॥
अनुवाद: जब तक 'मैं' या 'मेरा' का भाव है तब तक बंधन है, जब 'मैं' या 'मेरा' का भाव नहीं है तब मुक्ति है। यह जानकर न कुछ त्याग करो और न कुछ ग्रहण ही…

भारतीयों को शायद यह लगता है कि हिंदुस्तान से बाहर जहाँ कहीं कोई मिलेगा वह ‘अंग्रेज़ी’ ही बोल रहा होगा। एक तो यह बहुत बड़ी ग़लतफ़हमी है – बाहर जैसे ही हम निकलेंगे वैसे ही जो मिल रहा होगा अंग्रेज़ी ही बोल रहा होगा। हिंदुस्तान बेचारा बस पिछड़ा हुआ है,…

प्रश्नकर्ता: प्रणाम, आचार्य जी। बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद। आपके कोर्सेज़ को मैं यूट्यूब पर भी सुने हैं। कुछ मैंने ऑनलाइन सत्र भी अटेंड किए है।
मेरा जो प्रश्न है वो ये है कि मेरा मोटिवेशन लेवल बहुत फ्ल्कचुएट(ऊपर-नीचे) होता है। दिन में ही कई बार बहुत डिप (नीचे) में भी…

Whenever you will give a lot of importance to what others give you, you will be afraid, and then you will want to play safe. Make a list of all that others give you—company, attachment, reputation, and these are the things that are at the core of your fear.
Whenever…

Simple living is: when I look at somebody, I do not look at the makeup, I do not look at the brand of the clothes, I do not look at the expression the fellow is wearing; I look at the essence of the person. Direct and simple.
I do not…

“You know what, I lost money in stocks and I still didn’t get a heart attack!” Why must you get a heart attack? It is a small matter. Let it happen. It’s okay. Every day more people lose money in the stock market than what is the number of those…

The meat eater is a self-deluder. You cannot eat meat without firstly lying to yourself. He will not want to know what the reality of meat consumption is. He will not want to know how animals are kept and how they are slaughtered. He will not know what the conditions…

Even when you are identified with being the winner or the loser, still there is something within you which can neither be a winner nor a loser. It is your fundamental nature. It is your fundamental nature that gets hidden when you are obsessed with winning or losing.
The fact…

The one relationship that is of maximum importance is the one you have with yourself.
When you are not alright with yourself, obviously you will seek an alternative to your company: “Can there be somebody to relate to? Can there be somebody to sit with, fill myself up with, form…

You cannot love someone or something you know very little of. The nation at its root represents a community of people united through certain values. A nation does not become admirable or respectable or lovable just by the dint of being a nation.
If you are to fall in love…

In fact, if there is one unpardonable crime, it is bad parenting. You are not even killing someone, you are disfiguring someone and sentencing him to live an entire life. How does that sound? It’s like chopping off somebody’s limbs but ensuring that he lives—and he lives an entire life…

Have you looked at kids playing? If you look at kids playing and if you look at animals playing, you won’t find much difference. In fact, human kids go along very well with animal kids. Later on, when we cover ourselves with a lot of acquired knowledge, with a lot…

Most people never evolve beyond their psychological age of three, four, ten, or twelve years. So they have to be consoled like kids.
If a two-year-old is crying, you cannot talk reason to him, can you? What does a two-year-old need? You pick him up, caress him a little, kiss…

What does it mean to have an inauthentic relationship?
To be authentic is to be complete and secure in yourself. Anything authentic is not in need of further improvement or refinement; it is already authentic. That is the way the authentic mind functions: it does not relate with the other…

Dogs do it on roads, and no dog first allures the bitch with gifts or promises or rounds, or stuff over the fire, or holy chants. All that doesn’t happen. The dog knows what it wants, the bitch knows what it wants, and they just get over it quite quickly.…

We all need space. Man’s inner nature is freedom. When I say man, I mean both man and woman, mankind. Just as you need free mental space, you also need free physical space.
In fact, I find the idea of a shared bed quite vulgar. The double bed is an…

No situation is too bad to make a right choice in, and no situation is so good that you no more need the right choice—in a good situation, in a bad situation, in apparently easy situations, in apparently tough situations. Anything can happen anytime.
It’s a matter of your choice,…

The evil can consume you in two ways. One is, you look at evil and you find it beautiful. Some people do; they are captivated by the sheer charm of evil. Aren’t the dons in the movies sometimes very charming? In fact, the most charming characters in the movies in…

When you meet a person, meet in friendliness, meet in love, meet to share, meet to play, meet to rejoice. That’s right relationship. Don’t meet to sit at that person’s feet. That’s vulgar. You don’t need to sit at anybody’s feet. This head can bow down only in front of…

Why do you call a theft a theft only when one is taking away something from others? Is it not theft when you take away your greatest possibility and potential from yourself? Is it not theft? Are we not criminals against ourselves, first of all?
If I deprive you of…

The worst are those who say, “But what do I do? I am helpless.” These are in the lowest state; they are the worst self-deceivers. They harm themselves and they pollute the entire environment.
A little better than these are those who at least try exercising choice, though their choices…

Hold on. There will be temptations; old habits, old environments will beckon you, but stand still and strong. Don’t give up. It’s a battle worth fighting and worth winning. Don’t lose this one.
If you can win this one, then in all the forthcoming battles of life victory is guaranteed.…