
There is really no pleasure deeper than not getting disturbed when the entire world is conspiring to disturb you. This deepest pleasure is called joy.
Everybody, the entire game of situations, seems hell-bent on freaking you out, on just destroying your peace, and you are looking at it with indifference;…

Revenge is a mistake built upon another mistake. The first mistake was, “He took it from me—my peace, my pride, my respectability.” That was the first mistake to think that way. And the second mistake is, “I can get peace back by snatching it away from him.”
Revenge is: thinking…

Yes, we are animals. We are animals, and animals can get extremely violent if they discover their mates being stolen away.
There was one board I once read. It said, “How to be cautious of dogs?” It particularly warned against disturbing dogs on two or three occasions. One, when they…

In habit, there is no decision-making involved, right? You just do it. So, habit is not the problem. The problem is that we are habituated to the wrong things. Habits should be where there is really only one right decision possible. In all those matters be fully habituated.
In fact,…

Loneliness and aloneness are not so much about the other; they are about the relationship you have with yourself. If you have been living a life that your best self, that your internal honesty cannot approve of, then you will be very lonely. Your relationship with yourself would be fraught…

Each of us deserves to be the highest that he can be. Each of us deserves to be liberated from our mean concept of ourselves. That alone is the definition of care. If you care for someone, then don’t let them remain what they are. You get this?
Is it…

People are entitled to comment on your speech, on your looks, on your clothes. But when it comes to your deep, deep value, nobody else should ever be judging you. Only you can be your own judge. Be your own good judge, strict judge, and then you will not be…

Questioner (Q): My question is related to criticism. In the corporate world, we usually hear that we need to take criticism positively, healthy criticism that is. But there could be people around me who are jealous of me and criticize me because of their vested interests. So, how do I…

Questioner (Q): I have observed a trend in the recent past that the number of people who are resorting to extremities—be it political, religious, or other social extremities—have increased in number. If we put things in a larger context, I think that this problem is going to emerge and haunt…

Questioner (Q): In spite of being fully aware of the consequences, why do people engage in self-harming behavior? Why do people stay in toxic marriages, relationships, friendships, get into addictions, do substance abuse, or get into other miscellaneous self-harming activities?
Acharya Prashant (AP): See, nobody engages in self-harm knowing fully…

Questioner (Q): You have said in your old videos that through valor and intelligence, one has to come out of addictions, such as smoking or binge watching. I am finding it very hard to come out of them. Can you help me with this?
Acharya Prashant (AP): You see, you…

Questioner (Q): Acharya Ji, how to remain conscious of my actions when hormonal imbalance overpowers my ability to opt for conscious behavior over compulsive behavior? And since it happens only at certain intervals, I am actually conscious of the facts. I don't know if that is sufficient or whether anything…

Question: Today, a lot of questions have come on this particular issue that we have been observing our life daily, our relationships, our relationship with work and the world outside, and we see a lot of agitation over there, disputes over there, discontent over there. So, Vishal Bamba is here…

Question: Acharya Ji, Pranaam! I am damaging my future with my own hands.
Acharya Prashant Ji: Abhay (the questioner), do you seriously believe that your hands are so powerful? Send me a photo of your hands, I would be interested. Which gym you go to?

Questioner: Yesterday we did this play on –‘What is the intention?’ So we live in more of a conscious mind. So we can figure out some conscious things. How then can we go deeper and know what the real intention is?
Acharya Prashant: From the conscious, you will know the…

Question: How to get rid of addictions like smoking, overeating?
Acharya Prashant: Do you overeat when you are sleeping? Do you feel an urge to smoke when you are sleeping? Do you feel an urge to smoke, even when you are deep in relaxation? When do you feel like smoking?…

Question:I am a Maths teacher and I feel like I am forcing the students to learn something that they probably don’t choose to learn. Also, I feel that should I just give away this identity of a teacher because I have a feeling that this doesn’t suit me and…

Speaker: The real meaning of deceptive behaviour or false behaviour is that it is arising not from a pure mind but from a conditioned mind. Now, from a conditioned mind, whatever behaviour arises, even if it is morally sound, it deserves to be called a fake behaviour.
See, spirituality

Question: How does one stay calm?
Speaker: What takes away calmness? When you are sleeping, deeply, then are you calm? You are asking, “How does one stay calm?” Aren’t you calm when you are in deep sleep?
Listeners: Yes.

Question: I want to get rid of my bad habits. I have tried all the things to get rid of them, but I am still unable to do that. What is the reason?
Speaker: How do you know whether a particular habit is good or bad? How do you decide?…

Question:I am distracted, both mentally and physically.The world pulls me in different directions. I chase this and that. I chase respect. I chase accomplishments. I chase women and sex as well. All this is a problem, because it interferes with my day-to-day comfort. The urge is so over-powering…

Short description for the E2E smoke test article.

हमारा मिजाज हमेशा दूसरों और परिस्थितियों पर निर्भर करता है। नतीजे आपकी उम्मीदों के मुताबिक नहीं रहे। इसलिए अब आपको मनोबल बढ़ाने वाले किसी प्रेरक वक्ता की ज़रूरत है। जैसे ही वह व्यक्ति चला जाता है, आपकी ऊर्जा भी थम जाती है। लेकिन जीने का एक और तरीका भी है। अपने भीतर गहराई में, मुझे एक ऐसा बिंदु मिलता है जिसे कोई बाहरी परिस्थिति छू नहीं सकती। जो कुछ भी होता है, वह सतह पर ही घटित होता है। वह स्थिर, उदासीन और तटस्थ बना रहता है। तब आप सचमुच स्वतंत्र होते हैं।

How did the Buddha look then? Who is the Buddha? Let’s try to understand with the story of Gautama Buddha, The ‘Shakya Muni Buddha’ as we call him. So, who was he? Let’s look at his central characteristics. One, someone who is well versed in the knowledge of his time. Buddha had deep scriptural knowledge. He was born in a Hindu Kshatriya family, he was a prince and ever since his childhood he was quite talented. So, one thing about him is that he was quite well-read. Second thing is, he was deeply interested in knowing the depths of life. He did not want to remain merely at the superficial levels, so he would observe a lot, he would think a lot. https://acharyaprashant.org/en/articles/todays-buddha-1_4d1b6bf

How do you, asks the chief of police, patrol a city, where the butcher shops are guarded by vultures, where bulls get pregnant, cows are barren,

In our country, most people marry because that is sometimes the only way of getting some good sex—good and assured sex. Otherwise, the fellow would either have to spend a lot of money or a lot of time, or both, and then still return empty-handed. Isn’t that so?


Now, mind is movement, right? Why does the mind move at all? The mind wants to reach somewhere. Where does the mind want to reach? Is that place within the mind? The mind wants to reach somewhere. Every thought, every action, every motivation, every emotion rides on a desire, is


Whenever you will give a lot of importance to what others give you, you will be afraid, and then you will want to play safe. Make a list of all that others give you—company, attachment, reputation, and these are the things that are at the core of your fear.

The world is your playground. So don’t be so particular about moving only within your pre-existing circle. If your cause is worth it, show some courage and move out.
If you have a tender and precious sapling in your palm, would you plant it in a desert? No. You will…

“I will beat him!”
“I will destroy her!”
“Did you just insult me? Did you?”
Four hours forty-eight minutes of deep intellectual perspiration!

The one relationship that is of maximum importance is the one you have with yourself.

There might be people around you who make it compulsory for you to smoke, not because they urge you to smoke, but because they put you in so much of tension that you will need to smoke. But you are deriving some benefits from those people, so you will never…

Just as the ego loves to take credit, it also loves to play the victim.
If something good has happened, “I did it!”
If something bad happened, “It happened to me.”

Swami Vivekananda has said, “First of all, our young men must be strong; religion will come afterwards. Be strong, my young friends; that is my advice to you. You will be nearer to heaven through football than through the study of the Gita.”
Swami Vivekananda was no soccer evangelist. His…

There was this king of the demons; his name was Hiranyakashyupa. The king worked really hard. He kept austerities, he forced even God to come down and bless him. So, it would have required a very special effort. But then, what did he want from God? Nothing but the extension…

Spirituality just needs basic self-honesty, self-awareness. There is nothing mystical, nothing magical about it, but that is what it has been associated with. I am not talking of chanting; I am not talking of chakras; I am not talking of flying snakes; I am not talking of magical seeds. Not…

You must know what the place of security and money and sex is in your life. If you don’t know their right places, then for the purpose of sex you will give somebody a high position in your life, and then you will suffer. Persons are essentially harmless; harmful is

Real relaxation is about relaxing even in the middle of activity. You are relaxed even as you exert yourself. You are relaxed even as you are running. You are relaxed even as you are drained out. You are not waiting for a special activity like going to bed or sitting…
Now, if…
Unless you have reached the heart, the sexual activity has gone waste. Sex that is just a few inches deep serves no purpose. Sex has to be infinitely deep. You have to touch not only the other’s body but really the heart. That is what you are looking for.
I am just summarising what it really means. Individuals on the platforms of social media or digital platforms, in general, have a kind of justice system, where someone can be kicked out…
Whenever…
“Did she? Did she not?”
Have some mercy upon yourself. Learn to ignore, please. Bypass the small issues. Learn to ignore the small for the big, would…
Playing the victim is a favorite pastime of…

You are so powerful actually that you are scared of yourself.
There are three ‘you’s in that statement. The first two refer to the small self or the ego. The third one refers to the best that you can be, the Great Self, the Truth—classically, the Ātman. And classically…

“And then as soon as we finished having sex, I noticed I just wanted nothing to do with her. And I noticed that in the morning, I was lonely and a little aloof as well.”
The kind of person you choose to have sexual union with is a reflection on…

There is only one way to test whether you have done the maximum you can. If you have done the maximum you can, then you will find that things have started happening on their own, in unexpected, unplanned, unprecedented ways. You are now helpless; you can do no more, but…

Pay attention to all your thoughts, emotions, actions. Something unknown is waiting there for you. Most people know nothing about themselves.
If you are angry, it tells you that there is something within you that is resisting the world now. Why is it resisting the world? Go into it. Try…

“I have to eat to satisfy my body, so why can’t I use contraception and have sex with a woman and not procreate?”
This is such a bad analogy. They say sex is like food, both are physical needs. No sir, please! Sex is not like food. No, no, no.…

There was a Buddhist scholar Nagarjuna. He talked of a painter who fills his entire room with terrifying paintings painted by himself. So, on this wall he paints a demon, there he makes another horrible scene, something there, something there. And he is painting it himself, and then he becomes…

The movies tell us that unless there is a special person in your life, you are really missing out on something big, and then you are seized by FOMO. What is FOMO? Fear of missing out.
“Oh my God, everybody has that! I am the only one left behind! I…

Choose a person who will challenge you, not someone who will pamper you, console you, tell you, “You are beautiful as you are.” And in the very same way, choose work. Choose work that will really be difficult to handle. Because if it is difficult to handle, then maybe it…

Treat the body as a companion, and see how this companion behaves when you fulfill its demands, and how it behaves when you do something that is for your own welfare. This companion is very, very selfish, very greedy. It cares only about itself; it has no respect for what…

If you want to know an atom, you have to go to nuclear physics. There you do not just proudly claim, “Oh, I know atoms. Everything is an atom. I have been with atoms since my birth!” There you want to read a book. There you want to consult somebody…